Monday, November 25, 2013

PLEX For Good: Philippines Typhoon Relief

I know I haven't done a blog for a while. I promise, real life is easing up a little and I'll be getting back to it shortly! Even though my time is limited and it is currently 3 am in the morning where I am, I wanted to take the time to spotlight something very important. Namely, the current CCP PLEX For Good campaign.

On November 8th, 2013, the Philippines were struck by Typhoon Haihan leaving a swath of destruction that has rattled entire communities and destroyed many lives. In true EVE Player fashion, many of us took our fingers off the autocannon trigger long enough to ask CCP to do another PFG for those in need. CCP responded to the outpour by pledging $15 to the Red Cross's efforts in the Philipines for every PLEX donated.

To donate, contract one or more PLEX to the "CCP PLEX for GOOD" character on a 14-day item exchange contract. The contract will be accepted within a 24-hr period. Take the time to make sure you are contracting it to the correct toon - If you find anyone attempting to scam this effort, REPORT THEM.

(c) CCP Games

If helping others by chipping in fake internet money (i.e., ISK) isn't enough of an incentive to help your fellow men and women in dire need, CCP is giving something back to every player that donates: two limited edition Sisters of EVE Food Relief "Humanitarian T-shirt YC-115" t-shirts (one for each gender) that your characters can proudly wear. CCP Bro will also be announcing on November 27th "a surprise that will hopefully make this the most successful PLEX for GOOD drive to date". The tinfoil hattery has already begun, and speculation is that it is another gift for those that donate or perhaps a drawing for a special edition ship.

Regardless, I hope you'll take the time to donate. I will be logging in sometime today and hopefully making my way to Amarr to donate one of my PLEX - hope to see you there doing the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment