Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My CSM9 Picks



Fourteen is a hell of a lot to pick and I must have switched my list around ten times. Personally, I think there are some incredibly interesting candidates for CSM this time and choosing my top 6 was tough - let alone 14! I should have stopped at 9 but was determined to do them all.

Also, GO VOTE NOW!



In order:

Matias Otero - My corp is under his umbrella of leadership and his philosophy runs alongside of my own. He would have been in my top 3 even if I wasn't in the Brave Collective.
Ali Aras - "Hard working" is the number one trait I look for in anyone, in any capacity. Ali is one of the hardest working I know, and very easily stays in my top 3.
Xander Phoena - Number 3 was a tough pick. I almost put Awoxing here. But, in the end, Xander is one I have no doubt will work very hard, is already very involved in the player community, and is very knowledgeable.
Awoxing Pizza-Spymaster McBlushooter - When choosing your candidates it only makes sense to put candidates from your alliance (since, theoretically, they will represent the same interests you have). That said - I typically don't do that because my interests are in the overall player community as a whole, not just my corner of New Eden. But Awoxing has always struck me as someone who isn't afraid to speak out, has a strong current of common sense in regards to fun game play, and definitely cares deeply about the player base's enjoyment of the game. The only question I don't have answered is "Will he actually put the time in, or is he running just to see if he'll win?" For that, he missed the #3 spot.
Steve Ronuken - If you don't know who this fuzzy bastard is, you should. Steve is very passionate about this game and a great contributor with his third-party tools.
Mangala Solaris - "Hard working" - do I need to go over this again? Mangala was on CSM8 and proved to be the one willing to do the 'grunt work' no one else would touch. I REALLY think that you should put Mangala in your top 3 if you don't agree with my picks.
Mike Azariah - Another CSM8 representative, I've always viewed Mike as someone who doesn't get enough time in the spotlight. He's described as 'been there, done that' type of player who isn't afraid to try a little of everything, and therefore won't represent one play style over another. If you've followed his history, you'll know he's a good pick.
Mynnna - GrrrrrGewns. Okay, seriously, Mynnna is going to be picked by the GoonSwarm bloc vote anyways. That said, the fact that I'm voting for a candidate from a group who is currently shooting us should tell you how much I respect this person. Mynnna is very intelligent - especially about finances and market balance - and is concerned about the balance of the game overall.
Sugar Kyle - I don't have a ton of experience with Sugar Kyle, but this is my Lowsec pick. Lowsec needs love and the pieces I've read of Sugar's tell me her concerns are in line with mine.


The following I honestly don't know a TON about, but they seemed like the best picks to fill in my gaps for wormhole, small gang, high sec, and game mechanics. It wasn't a tough set of choices considering who was left.
James Arget 
corbexx
progodlegend
Jayne Fillon
riverini


And, who almost made the list but were cut:

Psychotic Monk - I thought long and hard about this one, but honestly, the Erotica 1 scandal made me reevaluate my beliefs on griefing in this game. I still believe Monk to be intelligent and open to discussion, but I definitely don't see him the same way I used to.

Good luck to all the candidates!

No comments:

Post a Comment